Be active every day
Regular physical activity is an important part of getting healthy and staying healthy. The benefits of regular physical activity can include:
- Build strong bones and muscles in kids.
- Develop skills and stronger balance.
- Maintain and develop flexibility.
- Improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Improve posture.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Great social interaction.
Physical activity doesn’t all have to happen at one time. It can be accumulated throughout the day by walking and riding to and from work or school.
The physical activity should always start slowly and build up with the intensity and duration over a period in time to allow the body to recover. It’s important to make sure that plenty of water is consumed both during and after being active.